Skype Insider Preview now supports up to 100 participants within calls. The update doubles the previous limit of 50, making it easier to have large groups of people within a call. The update brings Skype to Insider build 8.66 and also includes some fixes.
With more people working from home and circles of friends and family having to communicate digitally, increasing the participant limit of calls is a welcome change. A limit of 100 people should be more than enough for many groups.
Here’s the complete changelog as outlined by Microsoft:
- Up to 100 participants in the call! We have increased the limit for group calls from 50 to 100 participants!
- The language settings automatically changed to English.
- Favorite contacts disappeared from contact list on Windows.
- Signing out was freezing the app on Android.
- Uploading/downloading files on Android was not fully working.
The build should roll out to insiders over the next couple of days. Microsoft explains that if you don’t see the update right away that you should check back again at a later time.