Recently, Microsoft announced that it had acquired inXile Entertainment and Obsidian Entertainment. Both companies are working on new projects, and it’ll be interesting to see what they come up with down the line. However, Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division have been developing a title for a while, and it was officially announced at The Game Awards 2018. Private Division is a new label from Take-Two Interactive that aims to publish games from top independent development studios. Take-Two Interactive is most notable as being the parent company of Rockstar Games.
- The Outer Worlds out in 2019.
- The game uses Unreal Engine 4.
- Just like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, your protagonist isn’t voiced.
- There’s a full character creator even though it’s first-person only.
- Your companions don’t have separate inventories.
- Hacking and lock-picking are based on your statistics.
Despite the fact that Microsoft has acquired the company, this project will end up on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One due to a prior agreement with Private Division. Obsidian is known for amazing games like Fallout: New Vegas and South Park: The Stick of Truth, so there is understandably a lot of hype around the project.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!