Cyberpunk 2077 players can reap the benefits of a freshly released hotfix update today. The Cyberpunk 2077 1.21 hotfix update is now rolling out to every platform Cyberpunk 2077 is available on, including Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, PS5, PS4, and Stadia. Players can expect a surprisingly large number of bug fixes that primarily focus on fixing progression blocks and improving stability.
Of course, the 1.21 hotfix update follows in the footsteps of the Cyberpunk 2077 1.2 patch update, which fixed countless problems and even introduced several quality-of-life improvements. While Cyberpunk 2077 absolutely released in an unacceptable state, especially on base game consoles like Xbox One, CD Projekt is committed to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 and selling it for years. Hopefully, they continue aggressively fixing the game and work on new content for Cyberpunk 2077 as well.
If CDPR delivers on its promise to redeem Cyberpunk 2077, it still has a chance to become one of the best games on Xbox, as the core game is generally excellent. If you’re already a fan of what Cyberpunk 2077 offers, consider something from the best merch, toys, and gifts for Cyberpunk 2077.
The full changelog for the 1.21 hotfix update for Cyberpunk 2077 includes:
Quest & open world
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer… where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear’s body temperature
- Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the “Send a crew” shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early
- Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC
- Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan
- Fixed an issue in Play it Safe whereupon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression
- Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail
- Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion / Sacrum Profanum
- Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown
- Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it
- Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before
- Fixed Johnny’s appearance in various quests
- Dennis’ car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan
- Players can now enter Dennis’ car from the right side in Big in Japan
- Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan
- Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container
- Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura’s van in Down on the Street
- Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street
- Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura’s hideout in Search and Destroy
- Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player’s car if it was parked in his way
- Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the “Wait for a call from distressed man” objective after player failed the quest
- Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder’s ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig
- Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm
- Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast traveled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm
- Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul
- Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered
- Fixed an issue where Japanese / Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages
Stability & performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes)
- Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4
- Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly of the Beast / Changes
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.