The OnePlus 8T started receiving a new new OxygenOS version on December 29, but some reported that video playback would pause mysteriously after the update. A new version is rolling out now with a hotfix for this issue.
India is the first to get the new firmware, which has a version number 126.96.36.199. North America and Europe will get it soon as well (note: the European version is is 188.8.131.52).
Hotfix aside, the rest of the changelog is the same as the version from the end of December. Even the Security Patch stays on November 2020.
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Fixed the issue that the media player may pause abnormally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
- OnePlus Store (—IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)