Microsoft’s weekly Edge Dev channel updates continue today with a fresh set of features and fixes rolling out now. This week’s update, which is build number 88.0.692.0, is available for Edge testers to download, bringing some notable additions. Chief among them is the option to pin specific sites to your Start Menu.
Start Menu pins are fairly self explanatory. The websites will appear in your start menu, allowing you to open Edge directly to those sites when clicked. This update also adds Guided Switch on Mac, along with new features for Kiosk Mode.
Here’s a full look at what’s new, fixed, and improved in the latest Edge Dev build, according to the release notes:
- Added the ability to pin a website to the Start Menu.
- Enabled support for Guided Switch on Mac.
- Added the ability for Kiosk Mode to open all popups in new tabs instead of windows.
- Fixed a crash on launch when Edge is set to restore the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when opening certain PDFs.
- Fixed a crash when syncing Collections.
- Fixed a hang during navigation.
- Fixed an issue where some PDFs opened straight from the internet fail to load.
- Fixed an issue where webpages sometimes flicker or flash constantly.
- Fixed an issue where the button to close an InPrivate window doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where work or school users sometimes don’t see the personalization or changes away from the default that they expect to see on the new tab page.
- Fixed an issue where the Force Sync management policy didn’t work when using on-premises profiles.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page shows an error that “Something is wrong” when certain management policies are applied.
- Fixed an issue where pages sometimes don’t have images properly added to their entries in a Collection.
If you’re already running the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, you can update now through the “About Microsoft Edge” portion of the settings menu. The Beta, Dev, and Canary channels are all available from the official Edge Insider site. The release version is also available directly from the main Microsoft Edge site.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.