While the world awaits the arrival of the iPhone 12 lineup, it may be easy to forget that the iPhone is no longer the most important device for Apple. There is a new focus on other product lineups, including the Apple Watch. Arguably, the Apple Watch has become the most important product simply due to the numerous health benefits that it provides.
During Apple’s most recent event, the company again highlighted situations where someone was helped with the Apple Watch. From being able to notify you of an irregular heartbeat to just firing off a response to your friends in a pinch, the Watch is the best wearable out there. And Apple continues to innovate and bring new features to the masses.
What’s new with Apple Watch
2020 has provided a new focus on all of Apple’s devices, and the software powering these devices. We have seen a refresh of the iPhone SE, along with new iPad’s, and there are major changes coming to the Mac.
The Apple Watch has not been forgotten, as Apple debuted two new models at an event in September. With the Series 6, this is the successor to the Series 5 launched back in 2019. There are a few new features such as a brighter Always-on Display, and Blood Oxygen (SpO2) sensor. But the Apple Watch SE has also arrived, replacing the Series 5 in the lineup, and offering many of the same features as the Series 6, at a lower price.
watchOS 7 is also available for Watch owners. This brings improved health-tracking abilities, such as Sleep Tracking. You can create Sleep Goals and Sleep Schedules, and your Apple Watch will help you get to bed on time and wake up when your alarms start going off.
For the first time, users can finally share their favorite watch faces. There are even some apps that act as a “marketplace” for you to download and use watch faces.
How to create Memoji on the Apple Watch
Another new feature that is available on the Apple Watch is the ability to create Memoji right on your wrist. Previously, creating a Memoji required the use of an iPad or iPhone. But with the upcoming “Family Setup”, some users won’t have anything but an Apple Watch. So, Apple brought a dedicated Memoji app to your wrist, so you can go wild and create some awesome Memoji. Here’s how to can create one from your Apple Watch:
- Open the Memoji app on your Apple Watch
- If creating a Memoji for the first time, tap Get Started.
- If you’ve already created a Memoji before, tap the + button.
- Tap Skin and use the Digital Crown to select a skin color.
- Swipe to the right on your Watch’s display to see additional options such as freckles.
- When complete, tap Skin in the top left-hand corner.
- Continue through the list to customize every aspect of your Memoji.
- When you have finished, tap Done.
How to edit Memoji on the Apple Watch
So you’ve spent all that time creating your Memoji and have saved it. But you forgot that you wanted to add some AirPods Pro to your Memoji. Here’s how you can go back and edit your Memoji:
- Open the Memoji app on your Apple Watch.
- Select the Memoji you wish to edit.
- Tap on Edit a Memoji.
- Go through each section and edit your Memoji to your liking.
- Tap Done when you have finished.
How to create a Memoji Watch Face
One nifty feature is the ability for users to actually create Memoji Watch Faces. This is just a fun anecdote to show off your Memoji to anyone. Or maybe it’s just something that will help to keep your spirits up throughout the day. Here’s how to create a Memoji Watch Face:
- Open the Memoji app on your Apple Watch.
- Locate the Memoji you want to use.
- Tap on the Memoji.
- Use the Digital Crown to scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Select Create Watch Face.
Send Memoji stickers from the Apple Watch
Emoji are cool and all, but they are not very customizable. With Memoji, you can send “stickers” to your friends and family members. These are based on the Memoji that you have already created, and allow you to personalize your responses a bit more than using the stock emoji.
- Open the Messages app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll to the top of the screen and tap New Message.
- Tap the Contacts icon to locate the correct number.
- Select the recipient of your message.
- Tap inside the Create Message box.
- From the menu, tap the Memoji icon.
- Select which Memoji sticker you wish to send.
- Scroll down and tap the Send button.
Andrew is a freelance writer based on the East Coast of the US.
He has written for a variety of sites over the years, including iMore, Android Central, Phandroid, and a few others. Now, he spends his days working for an HVAC company, while moonlighting as a freelance writer at night.