Reolink security cameras and Synology network-attached storage (NAS) enclosures work well together. So well, in fact, that you can set up your own Surveillance Station in a matter of minutes. In this guide, I’ll run you through the quick and painless process of adding Reolink cameras to your Synology NAS.
Products used in this guide
How to connect your Reolink camera to Synology NAS
- Turn on your Synology NAS.
- Make sure you’ve already connected your Reolink camera to your home network, and it’s installed and ready for use.
- Launch your favorite browser on a PC to log into your Synology NAS. (This is usually the IP address followed by port 80, e.g.: 192.168.1.15:80.)
Open Package Center.
Source: Windows Central
- Install Surveillance Station.
- Launch Surveillance Station.
- Hit the menu button in the top-left corner.
Open “IP Camera.”
- Click on “Add.”
- Choose “Quick setup.”
- Hit the search icon to automatically detect the camera. If this works, fill out the rest of the fields, and you’re good to go.
- If your camera doesn’t show, load up your router admin page or Reolink smartphone/PC app to find out the IP address of your Reolink camera.
- Fill out the IP address and all other fields on this window.
You’ll now be able to control, manage, and set all kinds of settings for the newly added Reolink camera within the Surveillance Station. This software suite is expansive, allowing you to set up recordings, schedules, and more.