After months of waiting, CD Projekt RED is finally almost ready to release the much-needed 1.2 patch update for Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk 2077 is a crazily ambitious, fantastic game that suffers from numerous serious problems, especially on last-gen consoles like the Xbox One and PS4.
All the fixes and updates Cyberpunk 2077 has received so far have led up to the 1.2 patch update, which promises to fix the majority of problems players are facing in Night City. Today, ahead of the general release, CDPR has released the changelog for Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 patch update.
Earlier this month, CDPR shared some improvements coming in the 1.2 patch update, promising that the update was just around the corner. Now it seems we’re mere days away from the 1.2 patch update rolling out to all Cyberpunk 2077 players with an extensive list of fixes.
If you’re eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 1.2 patch update to return to Cyberpunk 2077, consider something from our list of best Cyberpunk 2077 merch, toys, and gifts.
CDPR wants to mention that not all of the problems resolved in the 1.2 update affected all Cyberpunk 2077 players. Many of these improvements will be specific to console platforms, where the experience in Night City suffered the most. It should also be mentioned that this is not the full changelog, according to CDPR, and the update includes many other fixes and improvements not included here!
Because of the sheer number of bug fixes included in the 1.2 patch update for Cyberpunk 2077, here’s a summary of some of the biggest improvements:
- Tons of Quest and Gig-specific fixes. In the 1.2 patch update, there’s a big focus on improving Quests and Gigs in Cyberpunk 2077, which haven’t been very reliable at points.
- Improvements to vehicles. Steering in vehicles has been improved for keyboard users, at high and low framerates, and for base console players. Stuck vehicles can now be rocked back and forth. Other improvements have also been made to vehicles.
- Improvements to NPC reliability, spawning. There are several fixes for NPCs, including fixing animations, lip syncing, behavior. Cops also have a larger spawn radius.
- Improvements to cutscenes and cinematics. Plenty of cutscenes and cinematics in Cyberpunk 2077 are being fixed, tweaked, and improved in the 1.2 patch update.
- Major improvements to performance and stability. Besides a large number of fixes for Quests and Gigs, one of the big focuses in the 1.2 patch update is improvements to how the game runs and performs. Large improvements are being made here, and will be especially noticeable on base consoles.
You can also navigate through the changelog using the menu on the left, which lets you go to specific sections.
The full changelog for Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 patch update includes:
Update, March 29, 2021 (11:30 a.m. CT) — The 1.2 patch update has now been released on PC and consoles
CDPR has now released the 1.2 patch update for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and consoles like Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Xbox One, and PS4. Google Stadia will have to wait longer to get the 1.2 patch update. CDPR promises it will follow later this week. You can look above for most of the changes included in the 1.2 patch update.
Update, March 30, 2021 (9:45 a.m. CT) — CDPR has now released the 1.2 patch update on Stadia
After a day’s delay, CDPR has now released Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 patch update on Google Stadia, and has added some Stadia-specific bug fixes and improvements to the changelog. If you want to see the full list of changes, you can find them above in the complete changelog.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.