The Grounded team has had an incredibly busy week, from releasing the positively massive Pond Update, to Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S enhancements at the same time, to the 0.4.1 patch update last night, and now with the latest 0.4.2 patch update that’s rolling out just in time for the weekend. The recently released Pond Update was the largest Grounded has seen yet, and that means a host of new issues and problems that need to be fixed before the next content update in Grounded’s early access.
The 0.4.2 patch update includes some fixes for all platforms, but also Xbox and Windows specific fixes, mostly regarding saves. The full changelog includes:
Fixes – All platforms
- Fixed the large frame drops that could happen when approaching the pond
- Opening the save / load screen when you have a lot of saves will no longer take multiple seconds to open
- Fixed issue where clients that join the game or respawn on top of a base building structure or on a base floor could fall through the world
- Fixed issue where sometimes trying to jump onto a lily pad could cause you to fall through the pond as if the water wasn’t there
Xbox One / Xbox One S
- Fixed the out of video memory crash that happens when approaching the pond or oak tree area.
- Fixed issue where creating a manual save in the Save / Load screen could cause an out of memory crash on the Xbox One and Xbox One S
Xbox and Microsoft Store
- Fixed some issues with manual saves and client player data not syncing from the cloud correctly
It’s a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you’re shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.