Zoom is a versatile and easy-to-use video meeting app that’s perfect for chatting with friends or delivering business presentations. Millions of iOS users rely on Zoom to communicate with family, friends, co-workers, and business partners. Unfortunately, there are times when the app may stop working all of a sudden or certain functionalities fail to work properly. In this guide, we’ll take a quick look at some of the most common Zoom glitches on iPhone and iPad and how you can fix them.
How to Fix Common Zoom Issues on iOS
First things first, go to the App Store, tap Updates, and scroll down to check the list of pending updates. Hit the Update button next to Zoom to install the latest app version. Then restart your device and check if the issue persists.
Additionally, check Zoom’s Service Status to see if there are any known issues on the list. Wait until the company has fixed the problems on their end and try again later.
Fix Zoom Not Logging in on iPhone or iPad
- Force restart your device. On your iPhone, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button. Then hold the side button and don’t let go until the Apple logo appears on the screen. On your iPad, press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release them when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Zoom Not Loading/Not Joining Meeting on iPhone or iPad
- Check your connection and make sure you have enough bandwidth to join video meetings.
- If you’re using cellular data, enable Airplane Mode for two minutes. Go back online and check the results.
- Additionally, disable cellular data and switch to a different connection.
- Log in to your account using a different device.
Zoom Virtual Background Not Working on iOS
- Make sure your device meets the system requirements necessary to enable the background image feature.
- You need to run Zoom version 5.3.0 or higher.
- The feature is supported on iPhone 8 and newer, as well as 5th and 6th-gen 9.7″ iPad models, and 7th-gen and higher 10.2” iPad models, respectively. In order words, if you own an iPhone 7 model, you won’t be able to enable this option.
- The Blurred background option is available on Zoom version 5.6.6 (423) or higher. Update the app if you can’t blur your background.
Fix Zoom Audio and Video Not Working on iOS
- Close background apps to make sure no other apps are using the microphone or camera.
- Make sure your device is not muted or set to Vibrate only. Use the Volume UP button to increase the volume.
- Message the host and ask them to unmute you.
- Allow Zoom to access your mic when you join a meeting. Go to the meeting settings, tap the Join Audio icon, and select Call Over Internet.
- Connect your earphones to your device and check if the issue is gone.
- Check your privacy options and make sure Zoom can access and use your microphone. Go to Settings → Privacy → Microphone and toggle on access for Zoom. Do the same for your camera.
- Tap the camera icon and switch between the front and back cameras a few times.
If none of these methods are working, uninstall Zoom, restart your iOS device, and reinstall the app. Contact Zoom support if you still can’t use the app on your iOS device.
If Zoom is not working properly on iPhone or iPad, check for updates and restart your iOS devices. If the issue persists, force restart your device, switch to a different connection, and check your privacy settings to ensure Zoom can access your microphone and camera.
Let us know if you managed to troubleshoot Zoom with the help of this guide. Which of these solutions worked for you? Let us know in the comments below.