The new firmware brings along several improvements, which include improvements to the camera and DC dimming. The update also brings the group alarm and dual-band Wi-Fi features to the ZenFone 7 duo.
Additionally, the new build fixes the system/touch freeze problem and enables Google Lens on Asus Camera. You can check out the complete changelog of the update below:
- Improved System/touch freeze problem.
- Fixed the occasional system restart issue.
- Improve occasional DC dimming flicker and screen brightness adjustment.
- Enabled Google Lens on Asus Camera.
- Improved the photo quality of Camera night mode.
- Improved the performance for camera noise.
- Added group alarm feature.
- Added Dual-band Wi-Fi network feature.
- Allowed to mute a single app when multiple foreground apps make sounds.
The new update is rolling out over the air in batches, and it will be a few days before it reaches all the units. But those who can’t wait for the update prompt to pop up on their device can head over to the Settings > System menu to check for the update manually.
The Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro are mostly identical save for the different chipset versions and camera OIS. The regular ZenFone 7 comes with Snapdragon 865 SoC, while the Pro version has the Snapdragon 865+ chipset at the helm and OIS for the primary and telephoto cameras.
You can read our detailed written review of ZenFone 7 Pro to learn all about it, or watch the video review attached below.