Apple today announced a new 27-inch iMac with faster 10th-generation Intel Core processor options, next-generation AMD graphics, up to 128GB of RAM, a higher-resolution 1080p front-facing FaceTime camera, a new nano-texture glass display with True Tone support, a T2 chip, higher fidelity speakers, studio-quality microphones, and more.
A breakdown of the new 27-inch iMac’s features and specs:
- 10th-generation Intel Core processors, including up to a 10-core option with a 3.6GHz base clock speed and Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz. The previous-generation iMac used 9th-generation Intel processors with up to eight cores.
- Next-generation AMD Radeon Pro 5000 series graphics options with up to 55 percent faster performance than the previous generation, according to Apple.
- Up to 128GB of RAM, compared with up to 64GB with the previous generation.
- Up to 8TB of SSD storage, compared with up to 2TB with the previous generation.
- True Tone technology that automatically adjusts the white balance of the iMac display to match the color temperature of the light around you. Apple says this provides a more natural viewing experience.
- Nano-Texture glass is available as a $500 upgrade option. Also available on the Pro Display XDR, Apple says this finish “maintains contrast while scattering light to reduce glare to the barest minimum.”
- 1080p front-facing FaceTime camera, up from 720p on previous generation.
Starting at $1,799, the new 27-inch iMac is available to order today on Apple.com and in the Apple Store app. It will begin arriving to customers and will be in select Apple Store locations and Apple Authorized Resellers starting this week.
The new 27-inch iMac features the same design used since the 2012 model, with a redesigned, Apple Silicon-based iMac expected later this year.
Apple today also made a minor update to the iMac Pro, equipping the base configuration with the 10-core 3.0 GHz Xeon W chip that was previously an upgrade option. In addition, the smaller 21.5-inch iMac now comes standard with SSDs across the line for the first time. Customers can also choose to configure their 21.5-inch iMac with a Fusion Drive.